PRIVACY NOTICE FOR HANDS ON HEALTH – FAMILY CHIROPRACTOR
Hands on Health – Family Chiropractor holds some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the email@example.com. You can also manage your preferences here We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in May 2018.
- What We Do
- How We Obtain Your Personal Data
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By providing an account of your current health status and presenting condition, including medical history
- By completing a nutritional therapy questionnaire
- By signing a terms of engagement form
- During a clinic consultation
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- By taking credit card and online payment
- basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointment requests
- health information including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
- GP contact information
- Bank details
Following completion of your healthcare we retain your personal data for the period defined by our professional registrant body, General Chiropractic Council. This enables us to process any complaint you may make. In this case the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
Information we get from other sources
We may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies and/or from other health care providers. We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
We may obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If we do not receive this consent from you, we will not be able to coordinate your healthcare with that provided by other providers which means the healthcare provided by us may be less effective.
- How we use your personal data
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
- Do you share my information with other organisations?
- Our registrant body, General Chiropractic Council and my professional association, Scottish Chiropractic Association, for the processing of a complaint made by you
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg, General Chiropractic Council) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However if we believe that your life is in danger then we may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
We may share your case history in an anonymised form with our peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at clinical supervision meetings, conferences, online forums, and through publishing in medical journals, trade magazines or online professional sites. We will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
- What are your rights?
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
- Have your information deleted
- Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
- Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with the General Chiropractic Council guidelines.
- Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
- Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at Lara Cawthra, Hands on Health – Family Chiropractor, 23 Kingsley Ave, Camberley, GU15 2NA or email email@example.com.
- What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
Within the health sector, we also have to follow the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
Lara Cawthra, trading as Hands on Health – Family Chiropractor is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
- How long do you hold confidential information for?
- Website technical details
|AcceptCookies||This is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies. Persistent for one year.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.
RELATED DOCUMENTS - HANDS on HEALTH- FAMILY CHIROPRACTOR DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Manage your preferences here